Who we are
Established in 2006, incorporated in South Africa, registered as Cam-A-Lot Rentals cc, we started out primarily as an equipment rental company to the broadcast and entertainment industry working alongside CAL-X.co.za. However, over the years we have evolved into a multi-faceted company which includes the importation, sales, and rentals of electronic and other goods via multiple platforms.
Trading as Cam-A-Lot, registration number CK 2006/101505/23 and Vat number 4120214210.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
Our No Fuss Policy
If you are unsatisfied with you purchase due to it being defective, damaged or realise you ordered the wrong item, we will accept the return on the following conditions:
- On all returns Cam-A-Lot should be notified via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of you receiving your order, with an explanation of why you wish to return the goods.
- The goods are to be returned in their original undamaged packaging and in original condition.
- If goods are faulty or not working as originally intended due to manufacturing defects, Cam-A-Lot will arrange, at our cost the collection of the faulty goods and the delivery of the new replacement items.
- If you receive in error a product not as per your order, we apologise for this. Kindly notify us via email and Cam-A-Lot will rectify this at our expense. We will arrange for the courier to collect the item and to return the correct item at our cost.
- If you wish to return or exchange unwanted goods, or goods ordered in error, you may arrange the return or Cam-A-Lot can arrange for collection via courier, however the costs will be for the purchasers account and shall be deducted from the refund if applicable.
- For returns via courier collections, please ensure that the product is in its original packaging, securely wrapped and placed in an appropriate sealed cardboard box. A copy of the original invoice should be placed in the box.
- Only once Cam-A-Lot receives your returned parcel and it’s assessed and approved for replacement or a refund by our returns team, your account will be refunded or and exchange or replacement product will be despatched. This can take up to 10 business days.
- An admin and repacking fee may be incurred if goods or packaging are not returned in satisfactory condition.
WARRANTIES AND SUPPORT
For Your Peace of Mind
- All goods supplied come with the standard manufacturer’s warranty.
- If your purchase becomes faulty within the first 3 months, please contact us via email at email@example.com and we shall arrange for the goods to be collected via courier at our expense, on condition the fault is a manufacturing warranty claim. If the goods are faulty due to misuse or negligence all cost shall be for the client’s account.
- If your purchase becomes faulty within the warranty period, you will need to arrange to get the product to Cam-A-Lot for assessment, who also has the right to refer the returned goods to an authorized service centre or manufacturer who may then determine if a repair or replacement is in order.
- In the case of a faulty equipment and a warranty repair is not in order, a replacement model will be supplied. If the same model is not available a similar or better model will be supplied.
- You may log a repair request at firstname.lastname@example.org for goods that are damaged due to misuse or out of warrant. We will advise you on the steps forward regarding your specific item. Goods to be sent back to Cam-A-Lot at your own expense. We shall then send a repair quote which would need to be paid, in order for the repair to resume.
- As with all standard manufacturer warranty conditions, only defects in the manufacturing process apply and excludes faults or damage due to but not limited to – power surges, lightning, misuse or mishandling of the goods, normal wear and tear.
COURIER SERVICE OFFERED
Getting your Order to You Faster
- We offer free standard economy courier /shipping service, Monday to Friday, to all main centres for orders over R500-00.
- Standard economy shipping service takes 2-4 business days to all major cities.
- An additional fee may be charged for deliveries to rural and outlying areas. This fee is determined by the courier and not Cam-A-Lot and will be corresponded to the purchaser in the case of extra charges.
- Deliveries must be within the borders of South Africa and to a registered physical address.
- We welcome orders from our neighbouring countries, however please contact us so we can arrange a delivery quote prior to your order. You may also arrange your own shipping. All duties, taxes, vat that may apply shall be for your account.
- For orders below R500.00 a fee of R90.00 will be charged for a standard economy delivery to all major cities.
- Our preferred courier service is MDS Collivery and for peace of mind you may at any stage track the progress of your shipment until it arrives safely at your door.
Safe and Secure
- Cam-A-Lot is registered with PayFast, where a variety of payment options are accepted including- Instant EFT, Credit cards (Visa and Mastercard) and Debit card payments.
- A normal EFT can be made directly into Cam-A-Lot’s account however the payment needs to reflect in our account prior to collection or shipping of goods.
- We accept card payments in store. (except for American Express and Dinners Club)
- Refunds will be made via eft if a transfer is made or if a credit card payment is made, the refund will be made to that card.
- Our banking details are as follows: Cam A Lot, Absa-632 005, Cheque Acc No. 4066 177 580